Electromagnetic Induction Heating Extraction Technology for Thick Oil Wells in xx Oilfield in Ecuador
Client Pain Point：
There are some wells in the XXX oilfield in Ecuador whose output crude oil has an API degree of 10 degrees, high viscosity, and there are no effective solutions for pulling thick oil to the surface. Some wells can only be temporarily shut down after drilling because the oil is too thick and viscous to be lifted to the surface.
1. Lack of effective methods for gathering and lifting thick oil.
2. Conventional viscosity reduction methods (chemical, steam injection) and other effects are not apparent and cannot be matched with electric submersible pumps to achieve continuous production.
A new process is needed to achieve a perfect match with the existing lifting methods to achieve continuous production of oil wells
Introduction to The Implementation of the Technology (Program)
TNW-XXX Thick Oil Well Electromagnetic Induction Heating Construction Case
1. In January 2014, the TNW-XXX well was completed, and the production layer was M1 layer 11,114-11,134ft, after which the original electric pump was damaged. In April 2015, the electric pump was lifted out and the well was temporarily closed. In January 2017, the electric pump manufactured by the same company was switched on again and was damaged after one day of production. Then the well was closed once more.
2. The main problem of the well is high viscosity of thick oil, poor fluid flow, high start-up pressure, pump pressure blocking and not sustainable.
3. Combined with the production situation of this well, electromagnetic induction heating technology was selected to continuously heat the well and reduce the viscosity of crude oil, which successfully increased production.
4. In December 2022, the installation of electromagnetic induction heating equipment was completed, and the electric pump and electric heating equipment were started on December 10 to begin trial production, and up to now it has been produced continuously and steadily for 70 days, and the production increase of a single well is significant.
1. Strong adaptability of the process: Before the application of electric heating process in the TNW-XXX well, 2 sets of electric pumps were burnt down into the well, and after matching the electromagnetic induction heating process, the electric pumps operated normally and have been running continuously for 70 days so far.
2. the technology reached the expected target, and the crude oil viscosity was reduced to API9.2.
3. Good economic efficiency: the customer evaluated that the single well production can reach 40 barrels to reach break-even. According to the production data of January 2023, the well produced 139 barrels of liquid and 107 barrels of oil on average, which is a good economic benefit.
4. Successfully completed the application of electromagnetic induction heating process in TNW-XXX well, which is the first time to apply this technology to Ecuador;
5. Achieved a breakthrough in lifting thick oil wells: the API degree of crude oil produced from TNW-XXX well was 9.2 degrees. In the production history of XXX oilfield, this is the first well with API degree below 10 degrees, which is an important technical breakthrough.
The current production data of the well are as follows:
Average Daily Fluid Production: From 60 Barrels to 139 Barrels
Average Daily Oil Production: From 20 Barrels to 70-100 Barrels
Electromagnetic induction heating technology is primarily used to reduce the viscosity of the wellbore and improve the fluidity of the fluid through continuous constant temperature heating of the composite heating cable in the wellbore, thus improving the recovery efficiency. It can be used in the whole process of oilfield development, especially in the process of thick oil development, from the wellbore to the gathering and transmission pipeline network.
Low-temperature cold recovery, low-temperature cold transmission, and constant temperature heating system for the whole process
1. Direct contact heating, physical viscosity reduction and complete wax plugging prevention.
2. Full-throughput production for improved productivity.
3. Full constant temperature for stable and continuous production
4. In-tube heating, energy saving and almost 100% thermal efficiency utilization.
5. Pressurized operation, reuse, continuous operation and reduction of the total cost of oil and gas extraction.
6. Application in 140 mpa environment, the highest pressure for oil and gas production.
7. Applicable to hydrogen sulfide, chloride ion, carbon dioxide and other harsh environments.
8. Unattended, digital, internet of things, cloud computing, intelligent management by robots.